Dermal fillers - Aesthetics Park Avenue
Dermal fillers are a type of cosmetic treatment that can help to restore volume and create contours in the face, neck, hands and other areas of the body. This versatile treatment is used by Medical Spa across the world to reduce wrinkles and fine lines, add facial definition, soften scars and improve skin hydration.
New York City - Aesthetics Park Avenue
New York City has long been the epicenter of innovation in beauty treatments such as hair growth procedures, and dermal fillers are no exception. From Manhattan to Brooklyn and beyond, you can find some of the world’s most experienced professionals offering quality filler treatments for all types of cosmetic concerns. In this article, we will take a look at dermal fillers in New York City, exploring their advantages and outlining the services available from experts in the city.
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are a minimally-invasive injectable treatment that can be used to add volume and definition to different areas of the body. Unlike surgical procedures such as facelifts, dermal fillers require little to no downtime and can be administered with minimal discomfort. The results of dermal fillers typically last between 6 and 24 months, depending on the specific product used and the area being treated.
The three primary types of dermal fillers consist of hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers, collagen stimulators and calcium hydroxyapatite fillers. Each type of filler has its own unique benefits and properties and should be chosen based on the patient’s individual needs and goals.
One of the primary benefits of dermal fillers is that they provide subtle, yet noticeable results without the need for surgery. This makes them an excellent alternative for patients who want to reverse the signs of aging or enhance their natural features without going through a more invasive procedure.
Dermal fillers can also be used to improve the appearance of scars, boost collagen production for smoother skin and improve hydration for a more youthful complexion.
- Non-Surgical: Dermal fillers are a non-surgical option for achieving beautiful, natural-looking results.
- Subtle Results: Unlike surgical procedures, dermal fillers offer subtle improvements that look very natural.
- Minimal Downtime: Because dermal fillers are minimally-invasive, there is little to no downtime associated with the procedure.
- Long-Lasting Results: The effects of dermal fillers can typically last up to 12 to 24 months, depending on the product used and the area treated.
When it comes to choosing a dermal filler, there are many options available to meet your individual needs. Here is a brief overview of the different types of fillers that are commonly used in New York City:
- Hyaluronic Acid Fillers: Hyaluronic acid fillers are the most popular type of dermal fillers, as they are safe, durable and have a wide range of applications. These fillers are injected directly into the skin and work to add volume and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Collagen Stimulators: Collagen stimulators are used to increase the body’s own production of collagen for a smoother, firmer complexion. They are ideal for treating deeper wrinkles and lines.
- Calcium Hydroxyapatite Fillers: Calcium hydroxyapatite fillers are thicker than hyaluronic acid fillers and are often used for correcting deep folds and creases. They can also be used to add volume to areas such as the lips and cheeks.