Injectable fillers - Aesthetics Park Avenue
Cosmetic procedures, such as injectable fillers, have become increasingly popular in recent years. Injectable fillers are a minimally invasive procedure used to plump and smooth the skin. They can be used to reduce wrinkles, fine lines, acne scars and other facial imperfections. New York City is home to a wide variety of experienced practitioners performing injectable filler treatments.
New York City - fillers - Aesthetics Park Avenue
There are several types of injectable fillers that can be used to enhance the appearance of your face. The type of filler used will depend on the specific aesthetic goal you are hoping to achieve. Common types of injectable fillers include hyaluronic acid, collagen, poly-L-lactic acid and calcium hydroxylapatite.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid fillers are the most commonly used type of injectable filler. They are made from a naturally occurring substance found in the human body, so there is minimal risk of an allergic reaction. These fillers can provide instant results that last up to six months.
- Collagen: Collagen is another popular type of injectable filler. These fillers are derived from animal sources, so they may cause an allergic reaction in some people. However, collagen fillers can produce long-lasting results.
- Poly-L-Lactic Acid: This type of filler is made from a synthetic material and is designed to stimulate the body’s own production of collagen. It provides subtle, natural-looking results that can last up to two years.
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite: Calcium hydroxylapatite is a mineral-based filler that is often used to add volume to the cheeks and temples. It is highly biocompatible and produces natural-looking results that can last up to 18 months.
Injectable fillers are a safe, effective way to improve the appearance of your face without surgery. The treatments are relatively quick, taking anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour depending on the area being treated. There is no downtime required afterwards, so you can immediately return to your normal activities. Some of the benefits of injectable fillers include:
- Reduced wrinkles and fine lines
- Plumped-up lips and cheeks
- Improved skin tone and texture
- More youthful-looking skin